The Ranch on Soda Rock
- United States, California,
- 3BR/3BA (Sleeps 6)
- External Website: http://www.theranchonsodarock.com/
A ranch style house featuring green architecture.
The Ranch on Soda Rock is sophisticated but friendly, warm and welcoming. The house makes the perfect vacation home in wine country. Featuring green architecture and an open style floor plan for optimal entertaining and high ceilings, you will feel the light and peace of the surrounding organic vineyards.
Designed by Santa Rosa Interior Designer, Lauren Brandwein, the design is green, clean and comfortable.
THE HOUSE FEATURES THE FOLLOWING
* Three master bedrooms with baths
* Each bedroom has French doors opening up to the expansive deck overlooking the salt water pool and organic vineyard
*All baths include solid surface slab counters with Kohler fixtures, stone and glass mosaic backsplashes and tiled shower/baths with marble, travertine and granite floor tiles
* Bamboo hardwood floors throughout the ranch style house
* The kitchen includes granite slab counters, a Jennair 6-burner stove with flame recognition technology, a built in refrigerator, an under the counter wine refrigerator, a microwave and a Bosch integrated dishwasher
* Custom painted kitchen cabinets with European overlay styled doors
* Designer lighting over kitchen island and adjacent dining area
* A gas fireplace with a natural stone slab surrounding the hearth and a custom millwork mantle in the adjoined living area
* Energy efficient appliances, lighting and plumbing
THE WINERY -
Host private tastings and winemaker dinners in your on-site biodynamic winery
Your on-site winemaker is a well known Napa Valley winemaker, George Vierra. George produces a private label wine exclusively for the owners of The Ranch on Soda Rock. Each vintage spends 18 months in French oak barrels, monitored on site within the Ranch winery.
George’s winemaking style can be described as “complementary style”. The overriding criterion in all his winemaking decisions is that the finished wine be complementary to the food. His winemaking incorporates many modified French techniques utilizing grapes that are used in French production. However, the California climate, among other things, insures that our wines are not identical to their French counterpart.
Believing that good winemaking begins in the vineyards, he maintains a close association with our viticulturist. His winemaking synthesizes old world tradition with the most up-to-date technology and scientific knowledge.
A sampling of George’s past clients include the Napa Valley Co-op, InterWines Ltd. in Hong Kong, Eisele Vineyards, Sebastiani Vineyards, Shadow Mountain Enterprises, Jackob Gerhardt, W.G. Best Weinkellerie, SZK Enterprises and Las Cerezas Vineyards. Additionally, George authored and produced a TV program about wine education and marketing for KPIX-CBS.
Private Organic Vineyard in the Sonoma Wine Country
Surrounded by organic vineyards and rolling hills, The Ranch on Soda Rock is peaceful elegance in the Sonoma Wine Country. The mature Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard grapes historically sold to Silver Oak, DeLorimier and Mosaic Winery.
Well known, Napa Valley winemaker, George Vierra, produces and bottles under a private label, annually of estate-grown wine. To ensure the highest quality fruit the organic vineyard are farmed biodynamic and organically by viticulturist, Kelly Mulville.
In addition to farming the organic vineyard and gardens with only hand tools, he also uses a number of biological “tools” such as geese and sheep for grazing the cover crop, and specific plants to attract beneficial insects. This approach is quite different from the more common conventional type of farming, which relies heavily on chemical inputs, big equipment and fossil fuels. We expect our farming practices will not only lead to much better wine and garden produce than the conventional approach, but will also have a positive impact on the health of the entire property.
The benefits of the vacation home in Alexander Valley, Sonoma, California
* A premier location just off highway 101 in the world famous Alexander Valley, Sonoma, California
* A 20x40’ salt water swimming pool heated with solar panels
* A new outdoor kitchen for al fresco dining
* A biodynamic and organically farmed vegetable and cutting flower gardens tended to by viticulturist, Kelly Mulville
* A boutique winery housed in an old redwood equipment shed that has been renovated to host dinner parties
* Property management services by Healdsburg Property Management
* Housekeeping services
* Concierge services available at an additional charge
* An on-call, organic chef, Monica Sallouti at an additional charge
Alexander Valley, located one and a half hours north of San Francisco, is situated between Healdsburg and Cloverdale-adjacent to the Russian River.
Alexander Valley is home to over 40 wineries and has a rich history. The Ranch on Soda Rock is located 6 miles outside the quaint town of Healdsburg. This community recently celebrated its 150th anniversary and has grown from a tranquil agrarian center to a top travel destination with hip boutiques, internationally renowned cuisine and world-class wineries.
Living the wine country lifestyle is as varied as the grapes themselves. The Ranch on Soda Rock’s ideal location in Alexander Valley allows you to enjoy world class dining, award winning wineries, shopping, spas, ballooning and golf from the comfort or your home base on Soda Rock Lane. We’re in the process of compiling a list of our favorites that will be posted soon. Until then, visit any one of the websites below to see all there is to do in and around the area.